- Executive Leadership Coaching
- Executive Hybrid Coaching/Consulting
- CEO/President & Concurrent Executive
- Team and/or Project Management
- Supervisory and Management Coaching
- Transition Coaching
- Business Development and Sales
"As a CEO, where do you
turn when you need help to work
things out? In golf you would
turn to the Pro for a lesson or
'tune-up' for a specific issue.
In business you may find your
staff and professional advisors
can help to some degree, but don't
have your perspective; your executive
management colleagues may be able
to help with a shared point of
view and experiences, but it is
difficult to be totally candid
and open with potential or existing
competitors. I found that working
with Dave Gerber for some executive
coaching provided a platform for
focused self examination and development
and a 'safe' environment which
permits open and candid examination
of the issues with an individual
that can tap your inner strength
to resolve the issues at hand.
Like a great coach, or the golf
Pro, Dave doesn't give you theory
from a book or tell you how you
'should', he helps you work through
the problem by giving you the
right tools to assist you in solving
it. As I told Dave: 'It's time
Jack Gates, CEO
Synergy Executive Coaching
is an interactive process designed
to help leaders build upon their existing
skills and to increase their supervisory
and professional development. It is
work-related and focused on effective
leadership, improving performance,
communication, behavior and potential.
Our coaches utilize goal-orientated,
personally tailored training for busy
- Clarify vision
- Achieve goals
- Eliminate obstacles
- Maximize abilities
- Improve leadership
the Benefits of Synergy Executive
- We help support the induction
or appointment of a senior person
into a more senior, supervisory
or different role.
- We help accelerate the professional
development of individuals who have
- We help your leaders increase
the effective implementation of
- We provide confidential support,
motivation and/or an independent
- We support senior individuals
engaged in wider personal effectiveness
programs, such as Appreciative Inquiry,
360-degree appraisal and others.
features of Synergy Executive
- Goal specific-action oriented
- Contemporary and innovative methods
- Personally customized approach
- Motivation and observable outcomes
- It can be short-term, provide
feedback and some objectivity
- Remember, our services can also
be means of rewarding and retaining
key staff critical to the business.
Reasons to Consider Synergy Coaching:
- Many supervisors and senior managers
want and welcome support and challenge
from someone external to their immediate
- Consider the increasing demand
by organizations for senior managers
and effective leaders with key 'soft
skills'. Often, individuals with
strong content knowledge are elevated
to management positions. These leaders,
and those out of business school,
need exposure to feedback-based
approaches that provide reflection
opportunities, self-insight and
the acquisition of soft skills.
- Consider this...the nature of
the executive coaching relationship
is private and avoids that public
gaze. This can be a great way to
encourage those who worry that being
seen to undergo organizational development
may be perceived by others as admitting
they have a weakness.
- Consider this...attendance on
whole-day courses or regular learning
sets can seem an imposition into
an already busy schedule for executives
and supervisors. Sessions with executive
coaches can be fitted around other
professional and personal commitments.
- Consider this...executive coaching
and effective leadership training
can be a fun outlet that taps creativity
and customized solutions to organizational
and relationship obstacles.
The Executive Coaching Process
Coaching is 100% confidential. The
coaching relationship is built on
trust and confidentiality is critical.
When we are hired by a corporation
to provide individual coaching, we
agree up front on the confidentiality.
In this situation, confidentiality
is determined jointly by you, your
corporation, and your coach.
of the Roles That Coaches Play
Sometimes you need a sounding board
for your ideas or aggravations.
Building: An executive coach helps
you build a personalized development
plan based on your career goals and
your organization's business needs.
Your coach helps hold you accountable
for your actions.
You might get 'down on yourself'--your
coach will know how to motivate you.
As you have breakthroughs, your coach
can help you recognize your achievement
Synergy's Pre-Coaching Phase includes:
- Entry and initial contact & contracting
with the individual (or supervisor
- Professional Sharing and Relationship
- Behavioral/Leadership Styles Assessment
- Multiple Intelligence & Communication
Synergy's Executive Coaching Phases
- Identifying the issues to be addressed
- Reaching a shared analysis
- Planning to address development
needs arising or spontaneous issues
- Action taking, practice and reflection
- Withdrawal from the relationship
I and II work to Establish:
- Assessment of motivational and
attitudinal factors, leadership
& communication styles Intelligences.
- Maximization of candidate: motivation
through feedback, education & tailored
- Use of experiential exercises
to match the learning style of the
- Use of homework assignments, including
active practice and solicitation.
- Use of relapse prevention strategies
to head-off backsliding and resumption
of old behaviors.